G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 15:11 -0500, Peter Kupfer wrote:

Isn't advertising a form of support. A quote from <http://www.openoffice.org/contributing/marketing.html>.

"We need people to distribute OpenOffice.org CDs. Whether you give them away for free, or sell them at a profit, you will be helping OpenOffice.org reach more users. If you visit the Distribution project hope page you will learn about distributing OpenOffice.org and how we can help."

What are you trying to say? I am perfectly aware that we have legitimate
cd distributors. I do not think that the above applies to free-loading
exploiters.

If you think that it is okay, you provide the support.

My point is that I don't see how they are exploiting us? Our own web page encourages distributing for a profit.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter if I provide support when they get other messages from people telling them that since they bought this product we aren't going to help them. It give a bad impression OOo and the users list.

You of course are free to say what you want, but I would like the users to be cut some slack and not be made to feel like criminals for purchasing something.

-- Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 [EMAIL PROTECTED]