On Monday, 18 April 2005 09:19, Suurland, Jim wrote:
> Dear sirs,
>
> Since a few weeks I am getting myself familiar with Open Office.org
> 2.0 beta to see if I can changeover complete from MS office.
> Results so fat have been very positive so far.
>
> But a few "stupid" questions still have to be answered and I hope
> you can help me with that.
> 1) My Word program seems not to open Writer documents and Writer
> does not open all the word files (all made in the same way), is
> this because of the fact that it is a beta version?, or am I doing
> something wrong?

Open Office can use the MS Office document formats, but MS Office
cannot use Open Office document formats.

Writer by default saves documents in the .sxw format. To get a file
that Word can read you have to select the correct MS format in the
file type field of the Save As... dialog box

Alan
--
Alan McKinnon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]