Paul B. wrote:
Alan McKinnon wrote:

On Monday, 18 April 2005 23:02, Paul B. wrote:

I think this was mentioned fairly recently, but in case not, is
there a regex for finding a new paragraph? I see /n, but its
specced only for soft returns, in the Find field anyway. Unless
I'm missing it, that seems a strange priority, as I use far more
hard than soft paragraph returns.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Try using $ - end of a paragrph. For some strange reason it won't find the last para in a doc though

Alan

I did try that: '$-' did not pick up:

... but others from good will.
- Phi 1:15

I'm trying to replace '^-' (or, using more conventional new line notation, '\n-') with ' -' - that is, I'm trying to collapse paragraphs - but tying the search string to the end of the previous paragraph doesn't do it. That's probably because a multiline marker would be needed - another thing I didn't see listed in Help.

Thanks,
Paul

Not sure why you're using the "-" in your search string. The right one is "$" for end-of-paragraph marker, "^" for start-of-paragraph. To find blank lines, use "$^", or "^$".

Matt Needles
Volunteer Tester/Coach for OOo