I am using X11 on Panther (MacOS X 10.3.8) and OOo 1.1.1 (I know, it's not the latest one available...)

The problem I have is caused when, after I create a new Write document, on my template which has a full page graphic for a background, and I also insert my scanned signature, I then go on to file my new document in its proper directory, only to discover that, when I re-open it, the graphics (background image as well as inserted signature) are not read, and all I see is the signature placeholder with no graphics whatsoever. Nothing at all shows instead of the first page background image.

Is there a way to avoid this? Can I instruct OOo to re-read the graphics from their source files? I am little confused, because I see that the filename and path have been preserved within the signature placeholder. All that's changed is the location of the Write document itself, so why can it not go to the path it knows already and read the signature?

Thanks, people.