To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 11:14 AM
Subject: Re: [users] Downloading OOo 1.1.4

James Elliott wrote:

I thought I might update to the stable 1.1.4
Unfortunately, since I had so many copies of OOo on my computer, from 1.0 onwards, I decided to uninstall all of them before downloading 1.1.4, not realising that OOo had switched over to Bit Torrent downloads.

I have downloaded and installed JRE 5.0
I have downloaded and installed Azureus
I have had three goes at downloading OOo 1.1.4 with no success

There does not seem to be an HTML download alternative - so now I have no office software at all on my computer - can anyone help!

I would be obliged if anyone on this list could give me SIMPLE instructions on how to downloading OOo 1.1.4 - I have tired following the ones on the several Web pages (OOo, Bit Torrent, Azures) without success.

Many thanks,  James Elliott

James,
Perhaps I don't understand your problems but I've never had a problem downloading any version of OOo (Firefox is my friend) and I only have "copper wire access".
Yes, it means a 5 or 6 hour download, but I initiate that last thing of an evening and am thus assured of not being woken at say 2 am with "Sorry, wrong number" :-)

The method I use is this:
Login to My Start Page on the OOo site
Click on the link (right hand side of screen under DOWNLOADS)
http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.4
Select Language from the drop-down menu
Select platform from the drop-down menu
Select Download Site from the drop-down menu
Click on Continue Download
... and go to bed :-)

Cheers,

Jeff ------------------------------ Windows are a pane