On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 05:33 +0000, Saraswathy Jambulingam wrote:
> Sir,
>
> When booting the system with openoffice, There is a message display as
> follows:
>
> "Either another instance of openoffice.org is accessing your personal
> settings or your personal settings are locked. Simultaneous access can lead
> to inconsistencies in your personal settings. Before continuing, you should
> make sure user closes openoffice.org on host user!
>
> Do you really want to continue Yes / No.? "
>
> Pls. tell us why this is happening? And how to rectify this problem.

Remove the lock file. These can be left behind when the system or the
application crashes. I cannot tell you more because the location of
these files is dependent upon which OS, which release of OOo and so on.
If you cannot file the lock file, please give us more information on
your system and someone may be able to guide you.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead