Bo & Marlee wrote:
How do I open documents created with Lotus AmiPro 3.1 in
OpenOffice.org 1.1.4? These are complex documents with multiple
frames and graphics. I always loose information when I try to convert
into any of the common file formats (txt, rtf, doc,...) Any
suggestions? Thanks, Bo

I am completely unfamiliar with AmiPro, but must observe that if you lose formatting when exporting to a *.doc format then you have a lot of work ahead in order to migrate to another platform. What you are experiencing is one of the main drawbacks to proprietary file formats.

If you have available a copy of Adobe Acrobat, you might consider saving to that format. It is rumored that the ability to edit PDF files will be available in the 2.0 release.

On the plus side, once you migrate to OOo or other products that use the Open Document standard, such problems will be behind you. I daresay that eventually even Microsoft will have to be able to export/import OD files. I'm not going to predict when it will happen, but it will happen.

Doug