Funny. I asked that question several days ago, and I got an answer. However, this was the problem : In my spreadsheet, every line stands for a melody, and in one, two or three columns, I want to set Hyperlinks to MIDI files, so people can hear the melodies (sometimes in two or even three different forms). OO automatically writes the absolute addresses of these files, not only in the popups that show up if I drag with the mouse over the cell, but also in the Insert / Hyperlink window, and if I replace these absolute addresses by relative ones, the hyperlinks do not work. But I was told that when saving the Calc file, the absolute addresses are replaced by relative ones. I tried it, and put my files on another computer with different directories, so only the relative address would be correct. And it works ! All I would say is that according to the principle "What you see is what you get", it would probably be better the program would show from the beginning the relative addresses.
Is this clear ?
With friendly regards,
Marc

Peter Kupfer OOo a écrit :

Elsasser wrote:

In a OO CALC Spreadsheet, if I want to insert relative URL addresses and follow the indications of the OO helpfiles, it does not work, and the addresses always stay "absolute". Besides, if I select "Button" in the "Text/Button" switch, 1. the Button does not work, 2. There is no means to get rid of it (actually, there IS a means, which is to destroy both the cell where it is supposed to be and the cell just below, but I may want to keep the information that is in this latter cell).
Does anybody know how to make relative addressing really work ?

Can explain what you did, step by step?

Thanks.