On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 20:38 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 23 May 2005 17:15, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
> >On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 16:53 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> On Monday 23 May 2005 14:01, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> So maybe I'm just venting.  Gotta do that once a month at least
> >> you know.
> >
> >My vent. Venting at me will not help. While I might agree, I think
> > that you enter an Request for Enhancement (RFE) into Issue
> >Tracker as this is the best way to have requests such as this
> > evaluated.
> >
> >If you haven't already registered, do the following:
> >
> >     1. To file an issue you must register with OOo by clicking the
> >        Register link at the top right of www.openoffice.org,
>
> Minor correction, <http://about.openoffice.org/index.html>

Actually a fairly major correction. As always there are multiple ways to
do things. I have changed this text as follows:

  1. To file an issue you must register with OOo by clicking the
        My Pages tab and selecting the Register link
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Join

> >     2. Fill in your information
>
> Done, waiting on the emailed ticket

I noticed things were slow too.

> >     3. Reply to the confirmation email that will be sent to the
> > address you provided.
>
> Got it, passwd changed.

Good.

> >     4. Once you have confirmed, go to www.openoffice.org again
> >     5. And click on the "Bugs & Issues" link in the General links
> > box.
>
> Logged in (I think, but it doesn't change the menus), and I cannot
> find the General Links box, nor "Bugs & Issues"

You should be in your My Pages page now. Simply enter the issue number
in the the box near the top of the right bar from there you can edit,
vote et cetera.

> Currently sitting at http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/query.cgi, where
> it appears that I may be able to enter a request, is this the correct
> page?

That's a good page if you are looking for issues but it's hard to use if
you don't know enough about the criteria. For the issue I pointed you at
the number is 47121 and the Summary is "NEW OOo printing dialogue should
set printer properties"  Go search.

--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead