On 09/04/2008 02:04 PM, Graham Smith wrote:
> Thanks both,
>
> This seems an amazing reduction in resource use. I'm surprised it
> hasn't been commented on.  What little I have read has assumed that 3
> will be bigger than 2. Indeed I had assumed this would be the case.
> and one of the reasons of looking at it was getting an eeepc and I
> wondered how much extra room it would need.
>
> Graham
>

> 2008/9/4 Anthony Chilco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> 322meg for 2.4, 56meg for 3. Nothing in common files or application data
>> that I can find.
>> tc
>>
>> Graham Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> Out of curiosity, I could not resist having a look at the latest beta
>>> of 3, but it seems to be only taking up 50Mb of disk space, compared
>>> with 300Mb plus for 2.4 (WinXP in both cases).
>>>
>>> Does OOo 3 scatter its files around, or am I missing something
>>> obvious, or have the OOo team really got the footprint down to 50Mb.
>>>
>>> Graham

I think folks are missing a few folders (linux):
ooo-dev = 343.5 MB which contains:
- basis3.0 = 333.6 MB
- ure = 9.9 MB

ooo-dev3 (for the development m4 version) = 39.5 MB

So that adds up to around 383 MB of disk space. Then of course you need
to add in anything that is added to your user profile folder
(~/.ooo-dev3 or .ooo-dev).

I'm not on my system with OOo3Beta nor on a Windows system right now,
but I can pretty much guarantee that it will be similar.