Twayne wrote:
Hi,

I find the default bullet to be too large. How do you change it to be
smaller? I know about setting it in the List* styles window, but that
isn't what is used by default when you press on the bulleting icon on
the UI.

What I'm looking for is a way to make the bullet automatically smaller
when I click on the bulleting icon.

Thanks,

I was jus playing around with that for grins and: Actually, since bullets are Style items, it does seem like you can change their size. I am a long ways from any kind of guru or even advanced user, but it looks like:
 You can either :
Go into Styles, the Selectors Tab, remove the Read Only attribute from the bullet you want to work with, with the right click context menu, and in the right side CSS-Common, set the size there. The min seems to be 8px but I managed to type in 6px and got it to work, so ... apparently you can type in whatever you want. Whether it'll display well or not is going to depend on your system and monitor settings if you get it too small. That's way too small for anything I'd ever use so I put it all back to what it was when I got done.
   I used the Gold style for the testing.
   Actually, you could even create your own style if you wanted to.

Or, you can go to CSS Code tab and add a line like:
ul li { font-size : 4px
}

I didn't prove that that one works; I saw the 6px I'd type in before and changed it to 4px and it seemed to "stick" so, I'm assuming it works from there. Looks like it does anyway.

It looks like you could change the shapes of the bullets too if you were so inclined. Ymmv too I'm sure since there are so many variables between systems here. I'm on XP Pro SP2 at 1024 x 768 on a 19" HP flat panel screen.

HTH

I found that one can change the default size by:

Setting a bullet on the page.
Select the bullet.
Right click and select the 'Size' option.
Choose the size I want.
Then right click again and select 'Default Formatting'.

TomW