2008/9/17 [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to openoffice.  But I have a important thing a need in spreadsheet.
>   I'm working on mac os x and I need to save as excel files as TAB delimited
> mac roman text files...  This is possible in MO excel but not in open
> office.  Is this possible in a new release?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Colin

Hello Colin,

Welcome to OpenOffice.org

I don't understand your question very well.
You can either save in Excel format (xls), or as delimited text (csv).

In the Save As dialogue, chose CSV as File Type, and check the Edit filter
settings box.
You will then be presented with options for Character Set, Field Delimiter
(chose TAB from droplist) and Text Delimiter.

HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo Aqua 3.0.0 RC1 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger