From: "James Knott"
John Boyle wrote:
James Knott wrote:
Dave Rosselle wrote:
Just downloaded Open Office - impressive.

Please excuse - DUMB question #1: where's "Outlook"?

OpenOffice does not include an email app.  Many people find
Thunderbird works well.

To James Knott: Why not mention Seamonkey, which is a good stable
browser and email program? :-)

I use Seamonkey, but it currently does not have a calendar available.
Thunderbird has the Lightning plugin for calendars.

Have you tried Sunbird?  It is the stand-alone version of the Lightning
plug-in.  I have it on my laptop and it is useful for people who do not want
to switch to Thunderbird from Outlook Express, and want a Calendar that
Outlook has.  I just find the stand-alone product useful so I do not have
to open an email client to view an appointment calendar.  I can have it open
or minimized when I am using the laptop (online or off).

Tim L. - web at work.