Sorry
but I want the newline to match the old paragraphs - so they remain a verses

G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 14:49 +0100, David wrote:
Writer:
Having selected some text
(several one line paragraphs)
Can anyone tell me how to convert this into
one paragraph with several newlines?

<tip author="G. Roderick Singleton" subject="Replacing paragraph marks"
category="Writer">
Use the regex tool in Find/Replace. 1. Open Find/Replace
    2. Select the block of text that needs changing
    3. Checkmark Regex box
    4. Checkmark Current Selection
    5. Enter $ (paragraph break) in Find field
    6. Enter a space in the Replace field
    7. Click Replace all

Enable View > Non-printing characters so you can see them.</tip>