[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Good morning from Montreal,
>
> How can I open a document registered with OOo ".odt" with Microsoft Word.
>
> My son did his homework at home with OOo and send it to me by e-mail at my
> work, so I can print it for him, but at work we use Microsoft Word.

Microsoft Office doesn't currently support .ODT files.  There are a few
ways around this.  The best is to install a copy of OpenOffice on your
computer.  You can download it for free from www.openoffice.org.
Another is to install the Sun ODF plugin, which will add the necessary
support to Microsoft Office.  The 3rd method is just tell your son to
save it in Word or PDF format, which you can then open on your work
computer.  Since he's using e-mail to get the file to you, all he has to
do is click on File > Send > E-mail as Microsoft Word or E-mail as PDF.
This will start his email program, with the file already attached.

Sun ODF Plugin:
http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin