On 10/03/2008 03:38 AM, Harold Fuchs wrote:
> Gentlepeople,
>
> I just went to <www.openoffice.org>. The site seems to have been hijacked by
> a company called AZT.com. The opening sentences on the web site say "WELCOME
> to an easy to navigate MEGA-SITE of Bible, Christian, church & religious
> information, sermons & studies. Includes the audio & written Bible, sound
> doctrine, prophecy, a photo tour of Israel and spiritual warfare. If it's in
> the Bible, it should be here. Among the Web's most complete Christian sites,
> by God's mercy (app. 6000 pgs & 4000 subjects). A few minutes reading this
> page could PROVE to you the Bible is true. "
>
> If the site hasn't been hijacked then the DNS has. Firefox's "Page Info"
> says the site really is www.openoffice.org
>
> Help!

Harold,

There are two possible reasons:

1. Your ISP's DNS was hijacked (briefly perhaps). There have been a
series of DNS hijacking lately & it's called cache poisoning, see:
http://www.doxpara.com/
Note: you can test your ISP's dns servers on the same page.
Another: https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/services/dnsentropy but doxpara
is the primary for this issue.

2. You have a virus/trojan/spyware on your Windows system. It's quite
possible that you have a virus/trojan/spyware on your Windows system and
it is causing the redirect. I'd recommend that you do a thorough
cleaning & check, particularly if you've noticed any other strange
occurances of this type.