2008/10/9 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I see that in order to use the Mac version of OpenOffice I must install
> X11.  However, when I follow the instructions posted here
>
> http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/faq/installing/X11.html
>
> I get a message that clearly says that the software is licensed for
> evaluation use only, and that commercial or "production" use is prohibited.
>  Where can I get the fully-licensed version of X11 for Tiger?

Hello Jonathan,

I didn't know that the licence for X11 was prohibiting commercial or
'productiuon' use. AFAIK X11 is open source, and used as a windowing utility
by various open source programs like OOo and the Gimp. Where did you find
this restricting licence information?

Anyway, I wouldn't bother to use OOo under X11 anymore, since ther is a
'native' Aqua version  of OpenOffice.org 3.0.0 available. For the moment
it's still a release candidate (RC4), that is quite operational yet, but
next week or so the fully QA'ed official release will be made I suppose.
You can download the RC4 directly from the OpenOffice.org website (
www.openoffice.org),
if you're happy with the US English version (the site determines whether you
have a PPC or Intel Mac)
http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org/?product=OpenOffice.org&os=macosxintelaqua&lang=en-US&version=3.0.0rc4from
or you can find other versions at GoodDay
http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/3.0.0rc4/

download the dmg and install as you would any other program on your Mac

welcome and good luck
--
Guy
using dutch OOo Aqua 3.0.0 RC4 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger