On 9 Oct 2008 at 18:23, Harold Fuchs wrote:
> Mike Scott: if you are right that the attacker is committing an illegal
> act by forwarding [spam] mail to the victim, wouldn't the victim be
> justified in taking appropriate action by attempting to unsubscribe that
> attacker? The victim can only unsubscribe the attacker by virtue of the
> [illegal] forwarding.

We weren't discussing the /victim/ unsubscribing for himself. My
point was that anyone here on the list sending the unsubscription
message just might be going out on a slender legal limb.

Given the crazy state of this country, I'd not risk it.

--
Permission for this mail to be processed by any third party in
connection