Below is a "spam" email coming from a company in
Panama with an IP address (no domain name used)
from a hosting company in the USA.

They are offering Open Office 2009, which is the same
product as Openoffice.org's product.  They claim to have
some added stuff for it, but you have to create an account
with your email address to find out the truth to their claims.
I find it INTERESTING that their "Support" option will not
open a page.  The "frame" that has the support info cannot
be found by the browser.

The disclaimer shown on the bottom of the page is colored text
of a color-type that you barely see it and it takes a real effort to
read it.  Here is the disclaimer "colored" blue so you can read it.
{The format has not been changed}

      Disclaimer: This website has no affiliation whatsoever with the owner of
this software program and does not re-sell or license software. All software is
freeware and/or shareware with the understanding that the user may need or want
to pay for it later. Membership is for unlimited access to our site's
resources. We provide an organized website with links to third party freeware
and shareware software, technical support, tutorials and step by step guides.

I wonder what "site's resources" could mean, since all of the support is either
listed in a web page that cannot be found, or by links to other sites (assuming
OOo's site).

I myself have a site that offers a link to OpenOffice.org, but I do not call
it by any other name and I specify that to get the software you must go
to OOo's web site.  I just offer a list of free software.

I just think it is a bad thing to have a version of OpenOffice.org
used in a spamming system/email.

I called the Colostore company that is hosting the web pages
and told him about it.  The guy at the "Sales" phone option
was the only one that did not go to an answering system, and
he told me to forward the email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
he would look into it.

The web pages for the "store" looks like a big company,
but the "tech support" option seems to  go to one person only.

The whole think has a bad smell to it.  The Company that
hosts the web site.  The web site itself, and the Panama
"daily-new-products.org company".  Type in that domain
and you only get a comment about unsubscribing their services.
I had to use a false email address, instead of mine, with their
PHP file link to get to the web site for the Open Office 2009
offering.

Long winded, but I wanted to say what is happening.
OpenOffice.org is a great product, but using a version of the name
in a spam is a very bad thing.

======================================

The address when you click on their "home" option

http://67.214.168.130/openoffice/index.asp

IP address belongs to "Colostore".
Colostore is a "Wholesale Datacenter Services" company.

======================================

The Whois.net lookup for the IP Address

OrgName:    Colostore.com
OrgID:      KCA-7
Address:    1805 South Michigan Street
City:       South Bend
StateProv:  IN
PostalCode: 46613
Country:    US
======================================================="The Spam
Email"-----------------------------------Open Office Suite 2009Open, Create &
Edit Your Files Download Office Suite 2009??HereEdit Word, Excel & Power Point
files- 100% MS Office Compatible.Read and write PDF files just like
Adobe.Here's how to download Open Office 2009: 1. Go to: Download Page2.
Download Open Office 20093. Receive access immediatelyThis software package is
the best way to edit your documents.Publish all of your documents online in the
HTML format.Thank you for choosing us, the worldwide leader in Open Office
2009.For More Information Visit our WebsiteThank You,David MatthewsOffice
SolutionsIf you want to stop receiving mail, please go
to:http://daily-new-products.org/or you may contact us at the following
address:Plaza Neptuno, local #7Via ricardo J Alfaro, Tumba MuertoPanama
CiudadRepublica de