-----Original Message-----
From: Guy Voets [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:19 AM
To: users@openoffice.org
Cc: John & Sheila Rogers
Subject: Re: [users] RE: problem opening documents in openoffice writer also
PDF files

MS Word 20007 files can be read by OpenOffice.org 3.0.0.
I'm not too sure about MS Works (Go-OO opens MS Works:
http://go-oo.org/discover/

PDF files aren't normally made to be edited afterwards, they are 'virtually
printed' sort of...
Nevertheless you can import and edit them in OOo 3.0.0 if you install the
extension for this job:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/pdfimport
(you'll find documentation on how to install an extension on the extension
page, bottom left) The extension isn't yet fully as it should be, but I
heard that the result looks better than it seems (or something like that...)

HTH
--
Guy

Thank you kindly,