Hi,

I think perhaps the original question was about something different - and it
kind of bugs me also - so let me try to rephrase.

Often I find myself working on a project that requires a collection of
documents to be produced - some are just intermediary work product.

What I like to do is to create a directory where I will put all of these into.

So, I create a Writer file and go to save it (initial save) and of course I
need to navigate to this new directory where I want all the intermediate files
saved in - and the final composite file of course.

Now - I start a second Writer file and go to save it...again I need to navigate
to the new directory...and again for the third file...etc.

What I would like is for OO.o to use the last location I saved to as the
default location for new files, until I of course save to a different place.

The fact that editing an existing file and doing a save as uses the files
directory as the starting location doesn't really help me.

TTBOMK *grin* there is no way to have it do this..but I would love to hear
otherwise.

Thanks

Drew