Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
A schedule was created in OOo on a Windows computer and saved. The file was sent to me. When I open the file on my Linux computer (using the standard distribution version of OOo), I see the file render correctly, and then OOo immediately crashes. If I allow OOo to recover the file, OOo will crash and repeat. Just cancel the recovery and life goes on.

I installed KOffice, and then used KWord to open the file; no problem.
I used KWord to write the file, and then I tried to open that in Writer, OOo crashed.

I suspect that the problem is with my system rather than with OOo.... Can someone download and test this file.

http://www.pitonyak.org/crash_ooo.odt

If someone else verifies that it really crashes, OOo, then I will open an issue against the file.

Opened fine on WinXP Pro w/SP3
Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA