OOo's default is to recognize a URL and then turn it into a link.

You can change this under Extra/Autocorrect (if I translate it right from my dutch version). Then click on the third tab called "Options". The fifth one is the recognize URL-setting. Uncheck both boxes and OOo will no longer convert a URL to a link in excisting and new documents.

Arnold Huzen

Stan Goodman schreef:
I have designed a sheet of labels in OOo v2.3.0. The content of each label includes an email address and a URL. The problem is that both of these are underlined, because OOo has made links of them. which is meaningless (but obtrusinve) in a printed label. Selecting the "link" text and clicking on the "U" button to toggle the underline does nothing. How can I get rid of the underlining?