James Knott wrote:
Bill Murphy wrote:
I have an ISP, and  I have a website http://members.tripod.com/anmore2003/
Can I edit this website wth "Open Office", and upload it to Tripod? If so, where can I get information?

OpenOffice.org can edit & create HTML files that have to be uploaded to
your web site.  You'd have to ask your ISP how to upload to their
servers.  I suspect you'll also have to do a bit of reading on creating
web pages.

OOo is a great package, but I do not use it for web site editing.
I use two free software packages instead.
KompoZer [http://kompozer.net/] for the editing and
FileZilla [http://filezilla-project.org/] for the FTP client to upload
my files to my hosting account.  You hosting service should have
all the information you need to setup FileZilla.

KompoZer does not have an install program.  It unzips to a folder
and you can run the program file from there.  I just placed the folder
in my "program files" folder and make a shortcut for it on my desktop.
Kompozer works with Windows, Mac, and several flavors of Linux.
For me, KompoZer is the easiest WYSIWYG editor for web pages
that is also free.  There are some quirks in it, but you may not notice them
at all.  It is also not ment to edit text base files like Stylesheets or
external JavaScripts files.  I use a basic text editor like NoteTab Light
for that.

So, you can try OOo, and you can try KompoZer.  You decide which one
works best for you.  I use OOo to type the large blocks of text and then
copy/paste into KompoZer, since it does not have a spell checker of its
own.

Tim L.
retired, but working hard, not hardly working

PM