There seems to be a bit of confusion (and perhaps it's me).

Alfred - to successfully unsubscribe, you need to send the unsubscribe message from the e-mail address that receives the mailing list. It is unclear which of the two addresses you referenced (verizon and yahoo) is the address to which you normally receive the mailing list. Have you tried sending the unsubscribe from both?

oldgnome