I've gotten one .docx document so far and Ooo 3.0 (on Linux) opened it
just fine.  No need to convert anymore like I had been doing for OOo
2.x.

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 10:42 -0500, Richard Detwiler wrote:
> Stephan G wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I am starting to get, more or more frequently, new Microsoft Office file
> > formats where the extension ends in "x".  So files like
> > "my-word-file.docx" or "my-excel-file.xlsx".  These files seem to be
> > created by the newest versions of Microsoft Word, possibly on Macintosh
> > computers, and my OpenOffice on my Windows Vista machine seems unable to
> > open them.
> >
> > I have tried the following:
> >
> >     Rename the ".docx" file to ".doc", but it doesn't open.
> >
> >     Force open them from the OO File menu, but then I get a huge
> >         list of filters.  Closest filter I can find is
> >         "Microsoft Word 97/XP/2000", but it doesn't work.
> >
> > Any further suggestions out there?
> >
> >     -stephan golux
>
> I don't have any docx documents to verify this on, but my version of OOo
> 3.0 (on Windows) has docx as an option for opening and saving documents.

Adam Stein @ Xerox Corporation       Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Disclaimer: Any/All views expressed
here have been proven to be my own.  [http://www.csh.rit.edu/~adam/]