On 12/13/2008 08:37 PM, Laurent Duperval wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to play videos on Linux (64 bit). Any format I try (flv,
> avi, mpg, mp4) I get an error saying the format is not supported.
>
> Any help welcome,

I don't have 64bit, but I am able to play video in Impress. The key is
that you must install Sun Java JMF (also install the mp3 plugin), then
point your classpath in OOo to the installed location. Example (I've
installed JMF in /opt/JMF-2.1.1e/):

Tools|Options|OOo|Java|Class Path|Add Archive:

/opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib/mediaplayer.jar
/opt/JMF-2.1.1e//lib/mp2plugin.jar
/opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib/multiplayer.jar
/opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib/jmf.jar

Then click OK. Again, don't know about 64bit, but works pretty well on
32bit.