Hi Brian

With regard to: "Just as you would expect, if you have so far not installed it."; it might help if you described how to install it, instead of making smart Alec remarks.

"Until you perform the necessary installation, nothing will improve,
of course. Do I hear you saying that you don't have time to work this out but implying that others might find that time on your behalf? Hmmm..."

"Hmmm", indeed! For what it is worth, what I meant is that after spending several hours a day for three consecutive days, without any useful help from the list, I could not justify taking any more time out of my work ("work" being that which puts bread on my family's table). No ... I do not expect anyone else to put in the time I have devoted to this matter, namely 12 hours over three days. What I expect is that if this IS a COMMUNITY of like minded people, perhaps one of them could take a moment to point me in the right direction without denigrating my character, or attempting to start a flame war.

As you premised: "> I don't think you can have been following this list for the last few
months without picking up the fact that dictionaries are handled differently in version 3".
I have not been following the list for a while, as I have been overseas. So, if one cannot access the list for a while, then one is no longer welcome to post queries - is that what you are saying?

"If you didn't know where to find this dictionary - as I didn't, of
course - you could find it by going to Tools | Extension Manager..., following the "Get more extensions here..." link, and either browsing to what you need or doing a search on "Australian".
I tried that and the only two options were English(UK) and English(US), and the only option was to "Remove", not add new ones, but I have obviously missed something. Over the Christmas-New-Year break I will have some free time and I will look into this further, probably without help from the list.

How can someone who is starting a flame can end with: "I trust this helps", beggars belief - It does not, In fact it diminishes the whole community. Even M$ are polite in dealing with queries, even if the often, but not always, charge for doing so.

James

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Barker" <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>