Keith Bates wrote:
On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 14:17 -0800, David Karr wrote:

I have a jpeg of a photo that is a little too large. I loaded it in Impress
and resized it smaller, keeping the ratio the same. I then saved the
resulting image to a new file. When I view the old and new images, they are
identical. The "smaller" image is not smaller. Am I missing something?

Impress is not an image manipulation program. When you change the size
of the image in Impress you don't actually change the content of the
file asll you are doing is changing the way the image appears on the
page.

I just had a look at Draw and it doesn't seem to have any facility for
changing the size of image files either... but I don't use either
Impress or Draw that often so I could be wrong on both of these.

I don't know what OS you are using, but in more recent file managers
there is often a feature to rescale images. Use your file manager to
find the jpeg then right click on it and see if it has an option such as
"Rescale image"

Otherwise use photo software such as GIMP, Photo Shop or the software
that came with your camera.

Hope that helps.

Try using Irfanview http://www.irfanview.net/ free program that covers most graphic manipulation tasks.