Sarah Della Corte wrote:
I'm relatively new to OpenOffice, having bought a new computer which did not have Word on it. I have run across a problem, however, that I can't seem to solve. I'm sure there is a simple solution, but I haven't found it with the use of Help. So I'm writing in the hopes SKS will help me out.

Somehow I have increased the size of the font in a document to what looks like at least a 16, or more. I have it set for 12, but cannot reduce the size to that. I would appreciate it if someone would give me step by step instructions on how to correct the problem. Thanks.

Sarah

Hi Sarah

Open the document with the large font size.

Select the whole document by doing >Edit >select all.

Change the size of the font in the font size box using the drop down arrow next to the box.

Please note that when the whole document is selected, if the font size is blank then there is more than one font size in the document and you are changing them all. If the font is blank then there is more than one font in the document. Selecting the font using the drop down will allow you to change the font.

Now save the document and the size will be changed.

I hope that is step-by-step enough.

Rob