Gene Young wrote:
Sarah Della Corte wrote:

- Why in the middle of a document did the spacing change from 1 to 1 1/2?

As with the font size problem, you did something. You have possibly assigned a different style to that section.

- How do I correct the part of the document that is now incorrectly spaced?

Place your cursor in the offending area and check what the styles drop down list displays. If it displays a different style, you have assigned that style and need to correct it. To determine what style the rest of your document uses, place your cursor anywhere in the document that displays correct formatting (it will probably be called default). Then highlight the offending section and select the same style that the rest of the document uses.

If that does not work you will probably need someone else to "put their eyes" on the document, so to speak.

Thanks, Gene. After placing the cursor in the area I needed to change I went to Edit>Repeat Apply Styles Default and it closed the lines down to single spacing again. This may not be the way you suggested, but it worked. So I'm happy. I can now get on with my document. Your patience is appreciated.
Sarah