Jim Allan wrote:
<Oops, I previously sent this message unintentionally. This is a corrected version.

David Offill wrote:

 > My company's proprietary medical practice management software currently
 > uses the legacy version OO 1.1.5 for all document usage, with excellent
 > success.
 >
 > I have been tasked to look at the current production release (3.0?) to
 > see if there would be any issues with upgrading our system to make use
 > of this version.
 >
 > Questions:
 >
 > Is 3.0 the appropriate version to consider?

Version 3.0.0 is very buggy.

Compared to what? To OOo 1.1.5? Or OOo 2.4.2? OOo 3.0 may be buggy. But it not more buggy than other OOo version. And for shure it's less buggy than OOo 1.1.5. Please be careful with such statements. You just unsettle potential OOo users.

Supposedly all bugs will be fixed in the
next release, version 3.0.1, currently due to be released this month.

Sounds good but it's not true. Not all bugs will be fixed in OOo 3.0.1.

Groetjes,
Olaf

http://www.openoffice.org/
http://qa.openoffice.org/ooQAReloaded/FrameworkTeamsite/ooQA-TeamFramework.html

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH           Olaf Felka
Nagelsweg 55                    Quality Assurance Engineer