From: Harold Fuchs
To: users@openoffice.org
Cc: stanc...@gmail.com
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 5:20 AM
Subject: Re: [users] Suppressing zeros in cells containing a formula

  On 11/01/2009 02:33, Stan Labinsky Jr. wrote:
Hello all;

Using Writer 3.0, how can I suppress the display of a zero value in a cell
containing the product (or sum) of a group of other cells?
 Sorry to reply to my own post but ...

Better: In the number formatting pane choose User Defined and enter
[<>0]#.##;[=0]"    " into the Format Code box. This is conditional formatting.
It's in two parts separated by semi-colon. The first part says "#.## if the
number is not zero. The second part says "    " (4 spaces) if the number is
zero. For more details read up on Conditional Formatting in the Help.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England