Hi,

I have a contact list of over 100 lines that details the contact
details for the residents in my suburb on Sheet 1. To make the data
easier to use by the resident I have broken it up into resident street
name. I have then created additional sheets for each of the street
name and have copied from the main sheet(sheet 1) and pasted All with
a Link onto each sections respective street name sheet.

On Sheet 1 I have a background colour set on the street name(Dolphin)
and there is no other data on the same line, other than the street
name. in block A2. The data for Dolphin is ended by a row with the
same background colour as the one behind the street name in A1.

I copy a section from Sheet1 A1:J30 and then go to the sheet name
bearing the name of the street ie Dolphin. I right click on the cell I
want the paste to start, select Paste special and make sure Paste all
and Link are selected. I then O and the text is pasted correctly.

No problem so far :)

Now I move back to sheet 1 and change the formatting of the Dolphin
street name ie I merge some of the cells in the street name row so
that the street name is more centralised. I now visit the Dolphin
sheet and see that the street name format is exactly the same as
before I changed it ie no changes to the format have been made.

Given that the sheets contents and formats are linked, why is Calc
refusing to adopt the changes in a linked sheet?

Regards
Hylton
P.S: To make sure I didn't get caught out with 'hidden cell' contents
again I checked that all the cells were blank, bar the background
colour, before merging them.