NoOp wrote:
On 01/29/2009 09:06 AM, Gene Young wrote:
Web Kracked wrote:

Any one know, off hand, where the documentation is for
creating newsletter pages is?

I have been using Page Maker for a while and want to do the work with OOo.
The trouble is the dividing articles up to flow over several pages automatically
during the editing process.

i.e.
main article on left column of page one, where the over flow or most of the text is on page 3 right hand column. Think of a newspaper where the article continues on page such and such. Now add the fact that as you do some editing and text formatting, the text will need to flow to the next part of the article without manual cut/paste. All you will need to do is somehow select the bottom of the first part and then link it
to the top of the second part on page 3.

I do not believe you can create this type of automatic text flow with OO. At least I have never found it. This is why I am painfully and laboriously trying to teach myself how to use Scribus as this will do the job easily, once I learn how to do it from memory. ;-)

Scribus - yes I know about it, but since the documentations of Scribus is
so "not there", I wanted to do the work with OpenOffice.org. Better learning one software package, that is free and has good documentation,
than learning multiple software package, that one or more does not have
good documentation.

So, I want to learn OOo to do the work, instead of adding Scribus to the
list of stuff to learn.

http://documentation.openoffice.org/
Search on newsletter or linked frames

<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide/Using_frames_for_page_layout>

Download the Writer guide. Or:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/userguide3/index.html
Check out tutorials:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Tutorials
Look in the templates:
http://templates.services.openoffice.org/

Both the Sun Professional Template pack:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/taxonomy/term/36?page=2
and OxygenOffice template pack:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/taxonomy/term/34
include newsletter templatates.

Used to be a newsletter template on the standard OOo template site...
but they've changed it & I'll be darned if I can find one there any longer:
http://templates.services.openoffice.org/

7:13 AM