Spiderman wrote:
Guy Voets schrieb:
2009/1/29 Spiderman <a....@web.de>

Hi OpenOffice-Developers,

please make in future incremental updates. It is no fun updating from 3 to
3.0.1 with a new istallation. It's such a mess.

Hello,

Which OS?
What's the mess? Just replace one with the other automagically!
Windows XP. As I heared from all of my friends I have to download the new version 135 MB to update. No incremental update as it seems. And why must OpenOffice extract all the files from the downloaded file? No other installer that I know does it. It is just nonsense.

First let me say that the majority of people here are users rather than openoffice developers.

Secondly when you consider that openoffice can work on Windows (XP and Vista) Apple Mac and Linux operating systems, then some variations between install packages seems to be part of the price you pay for multi-platform software. The extraction of files from the download file is simply to keep the download file as small as possible. Some users are on a dial-up connection and so large downloads are unacceptable.

I hope that clears up the problem somewhat

Rob