Oops, forgot to cc the user.

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 12:41 +1000, Siva Moodley wrote:
>  I was a mad keen Openoffice supporter and told my friends and others
> of the programme.  I extolled the its virtues and removed MS from my
> computer.
>
> However I am not sure that I was wise and should have stayed with what
> I had.
>
> In Spreadsheet I cannot format.  I cannot increment except in a very
> limited way.  The help is very unhelpful.
>
> I am using Ver 1.1.4.  I also tried Beta 2 sometimes you refer to it
> as Ver 1.1.79.  How confusing.  There is no decent book on the
> programme.  I bought both Open Office for Dummies and Solveig and
> Haughland.  The latter does not deal with the incrementing of my
> choice.  Neither deal with incrementing dates.  This is very important
> for a Spreadsheet.
>
> Please can you help in some way.  I do not want to go back to MS.

Well for one let me point you to http://documnentation.openoffice.org/
which has all kinds of HOW-TOs, Manuals, templates and references to
other documentation on other projects and external. I would like to
espeicially recommend
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html.

As to formatting in Calc, it can be done. To help you better we will
have to know a bit more about the problem. i.e. what is it you are
trying to do? For example, what do you mean by incrementing. My initial
approach to increment in a column of cells would be to use a formula
like =$A1+1 in cell A2 and so on. THere are other ways, as well, such as
sortlists, that are described in the manuals.

Hope this helps get you over the hump.

--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead