I'm not sure this is possible in OO. (Its trivial in Word Perfect but..)
First thanks for the reference to "Manual Break", that's what its called.

I'm trying to format two columns with the information  as follows

_Column 1 | Column 2 _
First set of text.  The quick brown fox jumped       | Who is speaking
over the lazy dog. Now is the time for all good       |
men to come to the aid of their country.                  |

Second set of text. The quick brown fox jumped    | Who is speaking
over the lazy dog. Now is the time for all good       |
men to come to the aid of their country.                  |

I tried putting in Manual Breaks and that gets me to the second column fine but when I try to go back to the first column with another manual break I go to the top of the next page.
So far I've had to do it with tables.   Any thoughts.

thanks

Bill Mussatto