Here were two responses to the recent thread: "Autosave STILL NOT WORKING!!!!" (And I acknowledge that the OP may have been a troll ...)

In this case, I'd be temped to blame the OS.  Just like when you pull
the power, a reboot during a file save can cause corruption. Incidentally, a proper shutdown should cause all files to close
properly.  You've just had an example of why Windows should not be used.

Headers show he's using T'Bird on Winders to post to the list.

Nuff said.....

So basically these responses are saying "My OS is better than your OS".

Is this really helpful, to the OP or anyone else on the list?

For one thing, this particular problem, if real at all, is by no means a common or chronic problem with Windows OS, as nothing similar is typically reported.

Second, other OS's have specific issues. There have been lots of posts from Mac users with questions about installation problems that are specific to that OS, and some other issues specific to Macs. Would it be helpful to respond, essentially, "ha ha, well that's what you get for using a Mac, what else do you expect?" Also, there is currently a very long thread about issues specific to a Linux OS. So is that any reason for a Windows or Mac user to take shots at that OS?