On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:57:21 -0500
Came this utterance fomulated by James Knott to my mailbox:

> Michael Adams wrote:
> > Is there any way to get back OO.o windows file associations
> > en-masse.
> >
> > I installed 3.0 a while ago on our production Windows Server 2008,
> > but left the file associations pointing to 2.4.x. I am now through
> > my testing cycle with 3.0.1 and am happy enough with it's stability
> > to use it instead of 2.4.x.
> >
> > Trouble is i now have to update all the file extensions for all
> > users server wide. This includes Microsoft file extensions. Any
> > assistance welcome.
> >

> Shouldn't installing 3.0.1 set the associations by default?

I was in test mode, expecting bugs in 3.0 and a bug-fix with 3.0.1, so i
said "No, don't take over the associations" at the question. 2.4 was
still working and working well so i left it with the file associations.

At home now on Linux so can't test this. Does OpenOffice.org have a
*Repair* option in the "Add/remove software" (Control Panel) utility on
Vista or WS2008? I know it isn't "Add/remove software" any more but i
can find the right one when back at work.

I am actually hoping for a Windows utility or something to do this.
Looking at a re-install as a last-last resort.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416