On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:31:29 +1300
Came this utterance fomulated by Michael Adams to my mailbox:

> Is there any way to get back OO.o windows file associations en-masse.
>
> I installed 3.0 a while ago on our production Windows Server 2008, but
> left the file associations pointing to 2.4.x. I am now through my
> testing cycle with 3.0.1 and am happy enough with it's stability to
> use it instead of 2.4.x.
>
> Trouble is i now have to update all the file extensions for all users
> server wide. This includes Microsoft file extensions. Any assistance
> welcome.

For those that search the list. In Windows Server 2008 "Add/Remove
programs" is now "Programs and Features". In there I highlighted OO.o
3.0 in the list and clicked"Repair" on the toolbar.

Surprise - the fix was applied while users were still running OO.o 3.0.
It will complete the update on the next restart, though i am not sure
what else it will update. All file associations are good across
all users before the restart.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416