On Wednesday 01 June 2005 08:06 pm, Carol Willis wrote:
> If I were to use impress can it be downloaded to cd & used in a
> classroom using power point for a project presentation? Please send
> reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     I'm not sure what you are asking. If you are talking about
downloading Impress as a single program and placing that on a CD, the
answer is no. The OpenOffice.org suite (OOo) is a single program
containing several "units". (I'm not sure "unit" is the correct
terminology.) It contains a core section which all the "units" use, and
that core section is over 75% of the program.
     However, you can download OOo to your computer and install it. You
can also create slide presentations using Impress. You can also save
each slide presentation in MS's Powerpoint format. This file could then
be taken to school and run using Powerpoint on the school's computer.
And yes, the file could be burned onto a CD. (Its just that the program
can not.)
     If you have additional questions and/or comments send them directly
to this list: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Do not reply personally to any
email from this mailing list unless requested to do so.

Dan