John Boyle wrote:
Harold Fuchs wrote:
On 03/03/2009 01:13, John Boyle wrote:
To ALL: Can anyone tell me how do you gain access to the open clip art
library from either OpenOffice or Scribus? :-[

OOo's "internal" library is at Tools>Gallery. Not too much there
though. So ...
Googling "openoffice clipart" without the quotes finds lots of
goodies. I found the second URL by entering "clipart" into the
Extension page's search box; 'twas Google led me there too:
http://www.wikihow.com/Add-Clipart-to-OpenOffice.org
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/search/node/clipart

To Harold Fuchs and USERS: What I meant was, I have it downloaded to my
computer, now I need to know how to use it with OOo or Scribus? :-[

John:

On my Vista machine I found that I could install the clipart as follows:

Download the windows executable for the clipart.
Install it. Its default install is in the Program Files folder, but you can change the location.
Open OO Writer
Open the Gallery
Use the "New Theme" button to create a new folder.
This opens a Dialog window with two tabs.
Give it a name in the "General" tab
Then select the "Files" tab.
Select the "Find Files" Tab and then locate and select the "Open Clip Art" folder. This will find all the clipart files in all the subfolders. In this case they are all png files. OO does not recognize the svg files.
After it finds all the files, select "Add All"
This will create the link to the new theme folder. This will take a few minutes.
When it finishes, click Ok.
Now all the png clipart files will display in the gallery under your new theme name.

One problem with this issue, is that there are no sub categories for the different clipart themes in Open ClipArt. The only way I found I could keep the sub-categories is to create a new theme for each sub-category and only load the appropriate sub-folder. This would be a lot of work. Maybe someone else has a way to achieve this.

TomW