an additional IF is needed in the spreadsheet.  (I think this will be the
last IF needed request)

If  A1 is empty then B1 should be empty
If A1 has any number in it, that number in A1 is reduced by 3.  If there is
0 in A1 then B1 would be -3.  If there is a 4 in A1 then B1 would be 1.  If
there is a 3 in A1 then B1 would be 0.