Michael Adams a écrit :
On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 05:24:58 -0400
Came this utterance formulated by Marc Paré to my mailbox:

Marc Paré a écrit :
Hi:

I have some text that I wrote with MS Word at work but when I open
it in Ooov.3 it looses the bullets that I inserted. Is there a way
to fix this? Does anyone know why the bullets will not migrate into
Ooo?

Many thanks for your help.

Marc

I think I may have found an answer to the bullet conversion when using
MS Word <-> OpenOffice.

In OpenOffice go to Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org ->Fonts. Enable
"Apply replacement table", select "Symbol" in the left hand FONT drop down menu; select "OpenSymbol" in the right hand menu; "Replace with" dropdown. Press the checkmark to the right to add the substitution to the table. Make sure you check the "Always" box.

It looks like this works.

Are you saying the character you chose as bullets did not work in OO.o,
or was it a graphic?

I am not sure if bullets are interpreted as characters or graphics but the problem seems to have been resolved with the "Apply replacement table" setting. All is well that ends well.

Cheers

Marc