Charles T. Bell schrieb:
I am running Kubuntu 8.10 AMD64, KDE 4.1.4,  and cannot install OOo
3.0.x any way, shape or fashion.
I tried installing with Adept, apt-get and Synaptic, no go; unresolved
dependencies.
I tried to download and configure-make-makeinstall the files from Open
Office Org;
wrong architecture or unresolved dependencies.
I tried to download an .iso, but was unable to get one for AMD64.
I have a disk from .iso, however, it is not the right architecture.
for your architecture try:
http://ftp.stardiv.de/pub/OpenOffice.org/localized/de/3.0.1/OOo_3.0.1_LinuxX86-64_install_de_deb.tar.gz

I installed openoffice 3 parallel to 2.4 (out of the repos) according to this guide on 8.04. This should work on 8.10, too.
http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/05/08/test-drive-openoffice-3-beta-in-ubuntu/

I wish you luck
Franz