From: Charles T. Bell <cbel...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [users] [OT] Presentation for work
To: users@openoffice.org
Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 3:51 PM

Thank you, Suzanne,
However, none of those pages addressed conversion from .odp
(Impress file) to .wma or .swf.  I use Kubuntu (linux distro)
exclusively and
could use a program that converts .odp to .wma or .swf.  I have found
programs that will record off the desktop, however, in linux Impress
cannot yet reliably incorporate sound and it doesn't appear to be
on the 'to do' list.
I am currently working on a program (.odp) that will show slides
and play music for the purpose of a meditative/health practice
called Sun Do, a Korean non-religious chi/breathing exercises.
The practitioner could listen to the music and change from pose
to pose, using the computer screen to know when the change is
to happen and what the new pose is, if the practitioner is a novice.
Once one has done it enough (s)he will no longer need to view the screen,
just listen to the music and breath.
You can see what I mean about incorporating the sound into the
slides being important.
The other thing I don't like about Impress is when I make the slide
presentation described above, if I move the two files (slideshow, music)
to another HD, computer, USB, whatever...  Then I have to reset the
slideshow to find the music contained in the same directory.
Even though the two files are moved together Impress loses the connection
between them.  When the slideshow is created the music is not
incorporated into it, but remains as two separate files.
What is planned for Impress in the future?  I have no idea!
Thank you!

Tom Bell

--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  -- Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal), Roman
Poet, late 1st, early 2nd century AD