CPHennessy wrote:
On Tuesday 24 May 2005 02:10, + michael grace wrote:

I am not able to convert my publisher doc to a pdf. Everytime I try, a menu
appears which list a bunch of different protocols but publisher is not one
of them. Please help. I can convert other word and excel docs but not
publisher.

This is because OOo does not know how to translate the proprietary format of publisher. Maybe use MSWord to convert the file to a .doc and then you cna use OOo.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

'Taint possible. The best one can do is to export files from MSPublisher in either .rtf (and lose all graphics and most of your text formatting), or PostScript which you can then convert to .pdf format (at least I know you can do this with Linux) and keep the graphics and formatting. Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 (Linux) will allow you to select and copy text and graphics to the clipboard for use in other files.

Sorry, but I can't reply to the OP, I've only just picked up this thread.

Cheers,

Jeff