On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 12:20, James Knott wrote:

> One other thing I forgot to mention, having My Docs on another partition
> makes it safer to reinstall (ever a Windows favourite) or upgrade the OS.

I just toss everything into a USB stick.   When I need to
upgrade/reformat/whatever, unplug the USB and I know the data won't be
damaged.  (Well, assuming that TSA doesn't get their hands on them ---
I have no idea what, or how they they do it, but every time I've gone
thru a TSA checkpoint, they have physically broken at least one USB
stick.)

jonathon