In a message dated 2009.04.12 08:15 -0500, James Knott wrote:

Somehow, I just don't trust Windows writing to a Linux partition.  ;-)
But you don't *need* to use "My Documents". You can have any program put
stuff anywhere you like. You just need to remember to do it.
I'm well aware of that, but having supported Windows users in the past,
I always encourage them to store everything under My Documents.  That
way it's easier to find and makes backups easier.  In Linux, users are
usually forced to save in their home directory, so those problems don't
occur.

On my computer "My Documents"=/home; aren't most dual-boot systems that way?